GRACE is a Christian congregation affiliated with the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod. Our history began in 1895, when several families, who were members of St. Stephen Lutheran Church, decided to plant a new congregation under the name of Jehovah Lutheran Church, located in Milwaukee’s South Side. Sixty one years later began a new era at a new location, Kinnickinnic River Parkway, and under the name of Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church. In 1992, with the expansion of St. Luke’s Hospital, a new building was constructed and Grace moved one more time to its current location.
This was the beginning of a great transformation within the congregation under the leadership of Pastor George Richter. In 2011, with all the changes in the community and the neighborhood, GRACE began a new era. That year, the congregation decided to call a Seminarian from the Lutheran Church of Venezuela: Pastor Germán Novelli Jr. He served Grace for two years under the mentorship of Pastor Ferdinand Bahr. In December 2014, Pastor German was ordained and installed as our Pastor. He has been implementing extraordinary changes in our congregation with the support of our leaders and elders, and has been leading our Hispanic Ministry called COMUNIDAD DE GRACIA, in which we seek to reach with the gospel to the Hispanic families who live in Milwaukee’s South Side.